The Campfire Circle program is an opportunity for individuals to make a powerful and direct impact on our community and youth that we serve. Youth who join City Kids are looking for a supportive community, consistency, and mentors that will help them navigate the often difficult transitions from adolescence through young adulthood. As leadership partners in our work, Campfire Circle members will have the opportunity to directly tie their individual impact to long-term stability and support for our youth.
Campfire Circle Members Partners in Impact
We invite you to partner with us to create lasting change in our youth and our greater community.
As a Campfire Circle member, we invite you to connect in the following ways:
- Program visits to our after school, weekend, and summer camp, with special invitations to family friendly outdoor activities with our youth
- Annual Campfire Circle Outings in Jackson, WY and Washington, DC Sample Outings: DC: Sunset kayak tour with a view of the monuments followed by dinner on Roosevelt Island. WY: Meet at the Lupine Meadows trailhead for an afternoon hike to meet and celebrate our City Kids youth who just climbed the Grand
- Invitations to our flagship events in Jackson, WY and Washington, DC
- Campfire-exclusive stories and updates including our new Campfire Investor’s Report to see the direct impact of your support
- The “Notes from the field” series from our Executive Director
- Recognition for your contribution through our print materials and online platforms
Campfire Circle Levels
Grand Teton Trailblazer
“City Kids means a lot to me – it’s like family. City Kids gave me a better experience growing up. Now, because of City Kids, I know who I want to be and what I want to do in life. It also helped me grow as a leader.” JET, 17 years old & Grand Teton Summer!
Snake River Canyon Runner
“When something frightens you the worst thing you could do is not try it. You’re not hurting the challenge, you are only hurting yourself and depriving yourself to be great and triumphant.” JET, 15 years old
Yellowstone Lake Navigator
“I’ve changed since first coming to City Kids because I fully understand and appreciate the power of teamwork. Sometimes you fail to do everything on your own and it’s okay for someone to step in and provide their help.” JET, 15 years old
“City Kids has given me a chance to broaden my horizons and skill set. I am doing things that I would have never even imagined doing and I owe this to the push that City Kids gave me.” Leadership youth, 15 years old
Rock Creek Explorer
“The most important lesson I’ve learned while at City Kids is to have fun, learn, and try everything even if you think you can’t do it. You’ll be impressed by the little things you do that you thought were not possible.” Leadership youth, 14 years old