The application season for the 2023 Ranger Class is open!
What are we looking for in applicants?
- Excited to travel and OK being away from home
- Enjoy the outdoors or are willing to learn
- Like to try new things & challenge themselves
- Like to meet new friends
- Ready to commit to a 6 year program
- Willing and able to follow the City Kids honor code
- Meet City Kids cognitive and physical ability criteria
- Qualifying for free & reduced lunch is prioritized
The City Kids Wilderness Project admits students of any race, color, gender, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students in the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarships, and other school-administered programs.
Essential Eligibility Criteria
The health and well-being of our participants and staff are top priorities. The wilderness environments City Kids programs live in and travel through are remote, dynamic, and physically and emotionally challenging.
To determine if City Kids program is a good match for your child’s abilities, City Kids has a list of essential eligibility criteria to help applicants and families identify the basic and fundamental elements of participation required to participate. Please read through the following list of City Kids Essential Eligibility Criteria.