Fall Programming Update
As you likely know, DC Public Schools will move to virtual and distance learning for the start of the 2020-2021 school year. In an effort to support our participants and their families during what we know will be a complicated fall, City Kids is evolving our model based on what the families involved in the program have shared about what would be most helpful during this unprecedented time.
City Kids fall programming will begin the week of September 28th, 2020. Mo Dailey, Director of Programs, and the rest of our team are working on creating a curriculum for the fall and we will be sharing more details once programming resumes. Meanwhile, here is a summary of what we are focused on through December:
- Creating FUN, Flexible, and Responsive Programming, including a mix of redesigned, outdoor and virtual programming
- Expanding Academic Support in CK Afterschool Program for all grade levels to assist with a new virtual learning environment for participants
- Adding New Health and Wellness Programming to help participants cope with the stressors in their lives and maintain healthy habits
- Expanding Alumni support to 18- 25 year olds, providing direct service college and career readiness support, integrated seamlessly with City Kids core programming
- Deepening Connections through increased 1:1 family and participant meetings to deepen relationships and better understand family needs
- Expanding Support to City Kids Families to include delivery of basic food and essential items
The City Kids Team is excited to reboot and reimagine what the program looks like under these new circumstances. In true City Kids fashion, we come together each day with enthusiasm, positivity, and a deep commitment to the City Kids community.